• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What sound level meter to buy for calibrating my AV System?

Anton2015

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I currently own a RadioShack analog sound level meter which must be 5-6 years old.

I've been looking around but none seem to stand out that seem to be the most popular / reliable.

It would only be used to calibrate an AV system. No other uses.

Ideally the cost wouldn't be more than around £30-50 and it would be digital

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The RadioShack analogue one you have now is the one most would recommend anyway so why do you feel the need to replace it? I can not see any benefit in replacing it with a digital readout meter at all.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Keep hold of you Radioshack meter. As already said, it is the one that would be recommended to you if still available. You'd need to be spending a lot more on a professional metre to warrant using anything other than the analogue Radioshack meter.

Anton2015

Distinguished Member
Loud and clear people. Just assumed that over the years they would become more accurate etc.

Clearly not.

Will save myself some money :)

Thank you.

802Diamond

Does anyone have a link to the Radioshack? I am intrigued...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom