Answered What sort of price?

TJDK

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to sell a Hitachi Illumina PJ-TX200 projector that has barely been used. It belonged to my late husband and has been packed up for the last couple of years. I have no idea of value - can anyone help? I have seen an ad from 2006 which priced it at $3,300 - I know that the price drops quickly on technology but still have no idea of it's value.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Hi sorry to hear of your bereavement please accept my condolences. Sadly you are correct that tech prices drop very quickly and projectors are no exception the TX200 are quite a few years old now and examples of this pj will have sold for £200-300 in the last year or so.

This is a 720p projector and 1080p higher resolution projectors can be found new for £500 and less, I would think in your market (US maybe) $300 is about the best you may get.

Thank you. I am actually in UK - the US reference was only because it was all I could find on google. Do you think I might try and sell it for £300 in UK?

You can try but £200 would be more realistic I just looked back in the archived classifieds and the last one did not sell over a year ago for £140 and a year before that another at around the same sort of money.

Used budget 1080p models of 3-5 yrs old struggle to make £200-300.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom