• I own a mobile phone, but not a smartphone

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Quick poll. Hopefully the wording caters for scenarios where people own multiple phones.

i own a personal smartphone and my work also supplies me with a smartphone

Technically I don't own any mobile phones. Both my iPhone 5 and my new Samsung S6 Edge are owned by my work.

Still on my own Nexus 5. Work gave us some old style Nokia (but an iPad mini?!?!) So I put my work sim in a spare Moto E I had laying around.

For personal use an Apple iPhone 4S bought used from the classified's on here and a Blackberry for work (soon to be replaced by a Samsung mini 4).

Now have an iPhone 6 Plus for personal use and love it.

Last edited:
iPhone 6 plus 64GB personal. I allow work to install their email app ;)

Currently carrying around a nexus 5 as my main phone and using my old nexus 4 as an mp3 player with a British sim in it to call home on. I have a non smart phone as an emergency back up for battery life reasons

iPhone for primary use. I have an old Nexus and a Lumia for when I need to do something on the other platforms at work.

Microsoft Lumia 640 lte and it is brilliant. Battery lasts agrees and it just works.

Windows system is bliss to use. Logical.

Ice

Microsoft Lumia 640 lte and it is brilliant. Battery lasts agrees and it just works.

Windows system is bliss to use. Logical

I've never came across it in the flesh but have just ordered one to try.
It generally gets great reviews and is very well priced...I like using the MS Outlook and OneNote apps on my iPhone 4S and the bigger screen of the 640 should come in handy for these aging eyes of mine.
Also the free 1TB cloud storage and 60 Skype mins will come in handy (as long as I've not missed the special offer which ended 30th June or until stocks last).

Does anyone know if you still get the free storage if you've already got an MS account?

Last edited:
Great phone you won't regret buying it.

Best feature, built in blocker for calls and txt. Number calls you don't want, after call, go into log, hold your finger over the number, drop down appears, chose block number, then ok, job done..... Simples.

Same for txt's.

Already on the phone as part of windows.

Cool

Ice

A smartphone but don't want the smart features, just needed it to get a decent 3G phone.

I have a Sony z2 but just upgraded to the s6 edge which came today. I'm not sure if I'll keep the edge yet though as love the z2.

Does anyone have the edge and would they recommend it.

Attachments

• 1436036544933.jpg
    1436036544933.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 41
INew V3 but am looking for a new investment

Have a look at the Asus ZenFone 2, I bought one because it seems good specs at a reasonable price and I needed a phone for work. In reality I would say it's one of the best Android phones I've used. It's a superb package, excellent screen, top quality build, good sound quality, good battery life and quite a bit less than half the price of phones that begin to be comparable.

If it wasn't for iMessage and FaceTime I would even use it for my personal phone, but as it can't that has to remain as my iPhone 6 ;).

Have a look at the Asus ZenFone 2, I bought one because it seems good specs at a reasonable price and I needed a phone for work. In reality I would say it's one of the best Android phones I've used. It's a superb package, excellent screen, top quality build, good sound quality, good battery life and quite a bit less than half the price of phones that begin to be comparable.

If it wasn't for iMessage and FaceTime I would even use it for my personal phone, but as it can't that has to remain as my iPhone 6 ;).

I was looking at the Asus myself but was put off by the not so great review on techradar. It was criticised for a poor camera and dim screen :(
I am thinking of getting the honor 6 now.

I was looking at the Asus myself but was put off by the not so great review on techradar. It was criticised for a poor camera and dim screen :(
I am thinking of getting the honor 6 now.

I can't really comment about the camera, as I'm not a big user, I can say it takes photos very similar to the Note 3 when I have used it.

However, the screen is excellent, it's perfectly neutral, very bright if needed and has very good colour and sharpness, it's one of the better screens I have experienced. Anyone who criticises the screen as being dim either has a faulty unit or isn't writing an unbiased review. The screen is better than any Huawei I have tested, and that included the Honor 6+.

iPhone 6+ 128gb for personal use and iPhone 5s 16gb for work use.
Slightly missing my Samsung note 3 & 4.

I'm currently on my 4th Samsung phone, had an Omnia HD, then a galaxy S2 followed by a galaxy S4 and just this week the galaxy S6 edge.

I'm currently on my 4th Samsung phone, had an Omnia HD, then a galaxy S2 followed by a galaxy S4 and just this week the galaxy S6 edge.
What do you think of it? I upgraded my z2 a couple of weeks ago but still in two minds over which I prefer.

What do you think of it? I upgraded my z2 a couple of weeks ago but still in two minds over which I prefer.
Aside from the quality feel to it it feels a lot snappier and quicker than the S4 and the screen is a peach.

I got the 32gb version and I've only loaded about 8 albums onto it and I'm down to 19gb free so it suggests a lot of bloated software installed on it from Samsung, Google and Microsoft but I'm sure I can trim the fat there.

It's fractionally lighter than the S4 and the glass and metal case gives it a very premium feel to me at least although my black version does show finger prints. Battery life so far has been average but then it's brand new and I'm sure will settle down.

Overall as an upgrade to my S4 I'm happy with it so far:)

Moto G 2013 That I picked up for 15 quid because it has no glass on the bottom left corner (screen area is intact)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom