• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What Sony TV?

JBURNICLE

Standard Member
Hey, I am looking to buy a Sony TV which is 50% off from the black Friday sales. I’m not sure what TV's are on sale yet but i looked around and found a couple that fit my budget. I’m looking a 37-40" TV that would be used primarily for gaming and casual freeview watching but only want to spend £400.
I’m hoping you guys will be able to recommend a TV for me, but here is a couple that I think would be good.

Sony Bravia KDL40EX403U
Sony Bravia KDL40EX401U
Sony Bravia KDL37EX401U
Sony Bravia KDL37EX403U

vickster

Distinguished Member
40" use better panels than the 37s. the ex401 meant to be good for gaming, although more lag than some others in the same price bracket

JBURNICLE

Standard Member
40" use better panels than the 37s. the ex401 meant to be good for gaming, although more lag than some others in the same price bracket

Yeah I was reading about how some of the Sony TV's have more lag than other TV's on the market but for the price it may end up being do you think it is noticable enough to buy something else?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Don't know, not a gamer , so lag isn't a concern. Personally, I always prefer the look of the Sony LCD picture to other manufacturers in the shops, but that's my subjective view. Check for yourself at a decent AV place

Henry_Krinkle

Is the KDL40EX403 definitely 50% off in the Amazon sale?

vickster

Distinguished Member
I don't think there are any definites? And from what I read, the numbers at the low prices will be VERY limited

duffer

Just in case you don't manage to get one in the black friday sale - it's pretty tough, the EX503 37" costs £580 less VAT so it'll be around £494 whereas the EX403 37" costs £540 but doesn't quality for VAT rebate.

alsina

Just in case you don't manage to get one in the black friday sale - it's pretty tough, the EX503 37" costs £580 less VAT so it'll be around £494 whereas the EX403 37" costs £540 but doesn't quality for VAT rebate.

The EX403 model is part of the VAT back promotion.

Youngy

Standard Member
Im looking at either the 40EX503 or the 37" 37EX503 myself, cant stretch to 40" unless in the Black Friday deal so fingers crossed.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom