• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What size room does the 3005SE excel in?

yoyopowder

Standard Member
My room is approx 40m squared, perhaps a small bit bigger i.e. 8m by 5.5m. Would the 3005SE cope in this size room, or should I be looking at something different. I plan on partnering this with an Onkyo 706. Thanks.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Imo, they never excel, but that's just me :)

They'll work fine, even though that's a pretty big room, but I'd look at bigger speakers unless you absolutely have to stay small.

At the £1300 I've seen advertised, you could do a lot better.

How about the 5.1 package here?

SBS-01 Surround Sound - SVS Subwoofers & Speakers from Subsonicsounds

Or the 5.0 package coupled to a BK Monolith or other SVS sub:

Box Subwoofers - SVS Subwoofers & Speakers from Subsonicsounds

and

Sub Woofers

Those speakers will knock the socks off the 3005s, especially with music.

They're just some forum favourites (for good reason) and there are many alternatives.

The point is, the bigger the better, on the whole ;)

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
The size of the room will come into play, but so will the amplifier. Partner them with an entry level amp and they'll sound nothing special, partner them with amps in the £1,000 region and they'll sound a different animal. With the prices they can be had for, they're decent performers, and you can't really go wrong.

Other options to look at would be the Quad Lite 2's and Monitor Audio Radius HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom