1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size plasma ? 37" or 42" ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jimbob19, Jun 7, 2004.

1. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Are there any guides as to what size plasma looks right in a given size room.
    My living room is 12 by 11 but is a through lounge to the rest of the room which is the same size. So overall its 24 by 22 but we only watch tv in one half of the room
    I am planning on wall mounting the plasma in an alcove by the chimney breast (chimney breast is in middle of this room )

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To be honest I dont think there is a limit to what can look right. Since the screen is so thin it isnt taking up space so my view is that the biggest you can fit is best..... go for the 42.... much better value too

ad

3. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've often stuck paper together to the size of a screen to see what a differnet it would make, although often for PC monitors etc. Might be an idea to do the same.

At the momenet, my viewing room is quite small and a 42" does work. I do often see another 37" screen in a larger room and it's fine too. Personally, if you can go for the larger screen, that's what I'd have.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.