1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size lcd should I be going for?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by davidcotton, Jan 11, 2005.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

I'd just like some opinions. As I've said in a couple of other posts on this forum I'm looking for a widescreen lcd to replace the 9 yr old panasonic 21".

However its for a relatively small bedroom at 3 meters by 3 meters. So I think I need to be looking at about the 22 23" sizes yes? 17 and lower would a)be a downgrade from the crt I have now and b)look a little silly I'd imagine. 26" and above would be too big unfortunately, nice though they are.

So any suggestions as to what brands to have a look at? I've seen the Sony 23" inch and very nice it looks too. I also saw the Toshiba 27" running in john lewis and that looked excellent, would the 23" version be similar with just the screen size being different or is there more to it than that.

I've gone out and looked at a load of models, but aside from getting an idea of the size of each model I'm basically just confusing myself now and need a few pointers in which to go.

Budgets between £6-900 but would obviously prefer cheaper.

Cheers.

PS Anyone got any thoughts on that phillips that Richers sell btw?

2. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought that 23" set in the summer before it was discontinued and then discounted in Richersounds for about £600.

Generally not a bad TV at all.

It does suffer from a little image blur on fast objects and its blacks arent really that black. It is an older panel though.

Freeview and DVD looks quite stunning most of the time.

PC hook up is a joke as it isn't configured to use the whole panel - just SVGA. Madness. But this isn't an issue to most people as its foremost just a TV.

I'd say defo worth the money at this price.