Question What size 2.35:1 screen for a 87” H for a 1.85:1 movie

Sorry if I worded that title wrong. Basically I worked out I’ll be sitting around 10ft from my new screen so roughly that is a 100” screen in 16x9 which is 87” in height so I am thinking to get a scope screen which will allow me to watch movies in the wider format but when watching 1.85:1 or below the image will not be so small right?

Sorry if I worded that title wrong. Basically I worked out I’ll be sitting around 10ft from my new screen so roughly that is a 100” screen in 16x9 which is 87” in height so I am thinking to get a scope screen which will allow me to watch movies in the wider format but when watching 1.85:1 or below the image will not be so small right?
From 10 feet away you could go for a 10 foot wide scope screen (300cm) this would put you 2.4 screen heights away from the screen and give you a 16:9 image that is equivalent to about a 100" diagonal. This would give you good immersion with all formats.

Did you means cm rather than inches in your reference to height?

125" scope gives approx 100" 16:9 and 103" 1.85:1.

By the way, I was referring to the diagonal measurement, not the height.

By the way, I was referring to the diagonal measurement, not the height.

Yep got that:thumbsup:

So I have come to he conclusion that sitting around 11ft away from my screen either a 125” 2.35:1 or 100” 16:9 screen should be great for me.

Best
Danny

Just realised I’ve made a mistake with my title, I meant what 2.35:1 screen size for a 49” height in 1.85:1 movies

Yep got that:thumbsup:

So I have come to he conclusion that sitting around 11ft away from my screen either a 125” 2.35:1 or 100” 16:9 screen should be great for me.

Best
Danny

Go with 125" scope, because then you get both 125" scope and 100" 16:9; the best of both worlds. That's what I've got and I wouldn't switch to only 16:9.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom