• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What should we do with a drunken sailor .... Politically correctisise them.

Dunwa

Established Member
BBC NEWS | Education | Drunken sailors left out of rhyme

All together now ...

What shall we do with the grumpy pirate?
Early in the morning

Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Early in the morning

Do a little jig and make him smile
Early in the morning

For :censored: sake !

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
"There were complaints in 2006 about pre-school children attending two nurseries in Oxfordshire being taught "Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep".
Last year, a story based on the Three Little Pigs fairy tale was turned down by a government agency's awards panel as the subject matter could offend Muslims.
A digital book, re-telling the classic story, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
However, a study in 2004 showed that nursery rhymes exposed children to far more violent incidents than an average evening watching television - including Humpty Dumpty's serious head injury.
"

is there no end to the crazed mentality of it all....?!?

Bill Hicks

Banned
Bookstart need a slap for being a total bunch of *******!

Do they seriously think that they have to/can solve the nations future drinking problems with this piece of politically correct ********!

I would love to have been at the meeting when this idea was first brought up.
And all these agreeing, supposedly educated nannies that haven't got the ******** to say that it's a piece of **** for fear of not toeing the line or for being classed as negative need to grow a pair!

It's idiots like these that are screwing this country up! :mad:

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
****ing bunch of stupid *****.

captainff

Established Member
I just found this reply .. .. .. ..

The changes made to the much loved “Drunken Sailor” nursery rhyme had absolutely nothing to do with politically correctness or the references to alcohol. We held over 4,000 events for National Bookstart Day last year, the theme of which was pirates. We wanted to find a rhyme which would fit in with this subject and this one has a tune which is instantly recognisable by all. These sessions are attended by thousands of children of varying ages and the inclusion of action lyrics like “wiggle” and “tickle” offer parents and small children an opportunity to interact, have fun and enjoy acting out the rhyme together. We love the old rhyme and it is often used in its original form, in many of our Bookstart Rhymetime sessions. However, we also think that it is fine to have fun with rhymes and play about with the words to make them accessible to new audiences.

linky

andykn

Prominent Member
The world has gone mad...:eek:

Yes, posting misleading rubbish like this. Can't these people read a simple news story?

"It's idiots like these that are screwing this country up!"

"is there no end to the crazed mentality of it all....?!?"

"What a load of tosh!"

"****ing bunch of stupid *****."

Quite.

To repeat: "The changes made to the much loved “Drunken Sailor” nursery rhyme had absolutely nothing to do with politically correctness or the references to alcohol."

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT READ?

wellladida

Prominent Member
Quite.

To repeat: "The changes made to the much loved “Drunken Sailor” nursery rhyme had absolutely nothing to do with politically correctness or the references to alcohol."

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT READ?

They can say what they want and most of us have read that but say what they quite clearly covering up that they are being PC.
People do lie!

andykn

Prominent Member
They can say what they want and most of us have read that but say what they quite clearly covering up that they are being PC.
People do lie!

1/ Why on earth would they lie?

2/ If they were lying and it was nothing to do with Pirates why change "sailor" to "pirate"?

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
Yes, posting misleading rubbish like this. Can't these people read a simple news story?

"It's idiots like these that are screwing this country up!"

"is there no end to the crazed mentality of it all....?!?"

"What a load of tosh!"

"****ing bunch of stupid *****."

Quite.

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT READ?

are you really so blind that you believe that?

i certainly do not

in the same way speed cameras are not a tax raising exercise :lease::rotfl:

andykn

Prominent Member
are you really so blind that you believe that?

i certainly do not
1/ Why on earth would they lie?

2/ If they were lying and it was nothing to do with Pirates why change "sailor" to "pirate"?
in the same way speed cameras are not a tax raising exercise :lease::rotfl:

They don't raise any tax from me. If you choose to be taxed that way that's democracy.

alaniho

Established Member
"
However, a study in 2004 showed that nursery rhymes exposed children to far more violent incidents than an average evening watching television - including Humpty Dumpty's serious head injury.
"

is there no end to the crazed mentality of it all....?!?

this is very worrying, Humpty Dumpty was clearly in breach of Health & Safety regulations climbing up on that damn wall:rolleyes:

kBm

Distinguished Member
I fail to see what this has to do with PC gone mad?

The changes made to the much loved “Drunken Sailor” nursery rhyme

What nursery rhyme? This is a old sailors song, sung on ships getting ready to host the sail or whatever!

However, if it was to be used as a nursery rhyme - it would be crap! Its the tune/ melody they wanted, and they fitted the words to that. Seems logical to me.

So, where is the pc gone mad bit? Oh, i know....another empty news story! :thumbsdow

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Oooohhhhh
Do your balls hang low
Can you swing them to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Do you get a funny feeling when their hanging from the ceiling
You cant be a sailor if your balls hang low

And dont get me started on "once upon a time when the birds **** the line"..... because it has pigs in it ;)

Oh wasnt childhood great those many moons ago!

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
Oooohhhhh
Do your balls hang low
Can you swing them to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Do you get a funny feeling when their hanging from the ceiling
You cant be a sailor if your balls hang low

And dont get me started on "once upon a time when the birds **** the line"..... because it has pigs in it ;)

Oh wasnt childhood great those many moons ago!

YouTube - Bottom 'do your balls hang low? song'

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom