What should I swap my N73 for?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Kopacabana, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there

I've had loads of problems with my N73. I'm now on my 3rd handset and I'm fed up.

Orange have offered to replace my phone for anything I want, but not an N-series Nokia.

I had my eye on the N95 but, given my experiences with the N-series, I think I'll give that a miss.

The SE K800i appears to be the closest comparator to the N73.

The SE 950i looks great but it has no camera and I don't really use my phone for music.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to phones I should be looking at?

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Can I ask what problems you've had with your N73?

I would say that if the camera is important to you (and you don't want the N95) then the K800i will be your best choice. However, it's not a smart phone so unless you want to do just the basics it may be an issue for you.

3. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Each N73 I've had keeps booting up to WAP/GPRS. It happens when I turn it on, and at random times throughout the day.

I'm really disappointed because apart from that problem, and the slownness of the OS, the phone is fantastic.

I've reviewed everything that's out there and nothing really comes close. I'm not saying that the N73 is the best phone but it suits my needs perfectly and there ain't nothing out there that measures up.

My girl has got an SE K800i but I can't stand it. It looks ugly, and the OS just doesn't cut it for me.

Orange have offered a number of phones that I can exchange my N73 for. I've created a shortlist from the options and I'm left with a Nokia 6300, an Orange SPV E650, M3100, and M700, and a number of SEs (K800i, W850i, W950i, P990i, Z610i). None of these suit my needs so I'm kind of stuck unfortunately.

Do you know of any phone that would be a good substitute for the N73 (and don't mention the K800i!).

4. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,350
    Sony Ericsson are announcing their new line up early next month and include the P700:

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/7398/8422/Sony-Ericsson-P700i-Mobile-3G.phtml

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    I can't think of much, as you've ruled most of them out! Maybe the Nokia E65? :confused:

6. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for your advice guys.

Doesn't seem as if there is anything available now that suits my needs. What's on the horizon doesn't necessarily interest me as I have to make a choice right now.

Tempted by the Nokia 6300 and SE880i.

More tempted to stay with the N73. Aside from the WAP/GPRS problem, it is true class.

Mind you, O2 and Vodafone have offered to buy out my contract with Orange and offered me any phone I want. Fancy the N95.

Back to the drawing board I think...

7. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Well the 6300 is much faster than the N73 if that's important to you!