1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I go for?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 9761, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Im looking for a Toshiba 240E DVD player and found 2 that look good.
    This one is £30 and is refurbished but im on a tight budget so would this be ideal?
    http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=9804&&source=Dealtime
    Its has 6 months RTB

Or

Should I go for a retail one of these players which I can find the sheapest for £59.99inc del?

Thanks

P.s> I hardly play DVD's but I do watch 1 or 2 a week though

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Loads of Toshiba 240s have been returned to Toshiba due to iffy dvd drives and generally poor reading and skipping. I doubt if Toshiba has bothered to correct these players but instead given them a quick test and thrown them out the door again. I wouldn't touch these players with a barge pole I would say theres a 95% certainty that they are going to give people hassle.

Never accept a dvd player that can't simply play practically every dvd film from beginning to end without a single skip or picture break up. Sub £20 brand new players can do it and whatever the price you pay this is the bare minimum you should expect from it. I really doubt if these Toshiba's will be able to do it.