What should i get: Blackberry or iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by CelphTitled, Jun 10, 2009.

1. CelphTitled

CelphTitled
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Please don't close this as this is the only place where I can get varied opinions and responses - and I didn't know were else to make this thread! ;D

Basically, I've been offered the choice of two phones; Blackberry Curve 8900 and the iPhone. However, I do not know which one to choose, as i like them 50-50.

Thing is I hear people saying BB's are for business people etc, yes in some respect they are but the 8900 is more for everyone now, I'm 18 btw. I like the high-res screen, nice QWERTY keyboard and the general design and look of the phone. Read alot of reviews and people say it's an amazing phone but lacking 3G.

The iPhone, I can see myself dropping this phone, and it looks very fragile. I've already got an 120GB iPod classic, so not really looking for a phone that does the function of an MP3 player. The iPhone looks cool, cool stuff; applications, games etc. I will need dexterity for this phone, I've got big enough hands as it is! ;P

I can see myself with both phones, but the iPhone doesn't look very practical and is abit bulky. I can really see myself with a BB.

But, I'm still 50-50 about which one to get. So, guys, i would appreciate it which you lot would think is the better option for price, durability, practicality and so on.

Thanks guys!

;D

2. RobM

RobM
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,168
    What do you want the phone to do? What are your priorities and other than making phone calls, what will you use it for?

If your main use is messaging - email and SMS - and you send a lot of messages, then Blackberry is the ideal solution. There isn't much out there that can compete on the messaging front.

If your main use is more media orientated, such as Web, Music and Video, then the iPhone is the best bet. It's onscreen keyboard is very good and the autocorrection works very well, so you can still bang out messages quickly, but not as quick as the BB. But the media and web functionality is streets ahead.

They are two very different phones. Both offer a solution to a different requirement, so you need to work out what you'll actually use it for.

3. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Have owned both, blackberry suits my needs perfectly. The Iphone's one of the best pieces of technology i've ever owned but compromised my work productivity.

4. pointyone

pointyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    HTC TP2 a good mix of both