1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I get and how do I get it?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by The Spaniard, Sep 29, 2003.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    After finally losing my patience with Sky I have cancelled my subscription!! I own my dish, digibox etc and want to know what channels I can get on freeview and can I get them from my current equipment without spending any more money? With my digibox turned on, old sky card left in, I can get BBc1,2 etc and ITV1 but when I try ITV2, I get a message from Sky saying that this isnt included in my package!!! I havent got a bl**dy package any longer and anyway I thought ITV2 was free?

What is the cheapest and easiest way for me to go freeview?

Thanks for any help:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY were forced to pay around £3million to convince ITV to put ITV2 onto SKY D which was a direct rival to ITV D at the time. To recoup that money SKY put ITV2 into a subscription package.
    So ITV2 has never been free on SKY D.

If you live in a Freeview area with good coverage spending well under £100 is all that is needed to get Freeview, good investment since it has a ten year license and has a growing user base.
    Since you have the latest version of the SKY smartcard is should continue to decode all the FTV channels on SKY D plus you have access to all the FTA channels with or without a card.
    Unless you are desperate for ITV2 it might be worth waiting to see what the results are when ITV and SKY negotiate any new FTV contract next year.

3. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Thanks very much! I think I'll wait! In spite of all the bull regarding 'digital quality',etc....I still get a better picture from terrestrial.