1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stereo Steve, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, have family pack now and had it for more than 12 months so the kit is mine. Have just sold the house and the buyer asked me to leave the dish and cabling as part of the deal which I agreed to. New place is undergoing major work and I'm unlikely to get around to installing the new dish for a couple months. When I do, I want to get Sky+ and use my existing box upstairs as a mirror sub.

So, I will install the new dish myself with quad LNB and all cabling as part of the renovations. Thats fine. The problem is what do I do now.

Do I cancel my subscription now and just start a new Sky+ when I'm ready or do I keep mine going and just pay for the next couple months, tell them I have moved and then order Sky+ when I'm ready and get the engineer to align the dish for me?

What will the upgrade cost me if I keep my subscription going?

Also, what is a good make of LNB? Somebody told me Cambridge were best?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    depends if sky have offered to drop your £10 fee if they have keep the sub running! If you do for a new install then dish and cabling will be included. I would look at going to a local independant and asking their advice. they may even let you have the dish installed and hold onto the hardware for you while you renovate.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky will let you "suspend" your subscription for 2 months while you move house. Give them the full details and they should waive the next 2 months payments while still keeping your account as it is. You can then upgrade when it suits you.

Fman