1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Goemon, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Goemon

Goemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

This might be a bit of a stupid question but...

I've had a AE700 for about 6 months now and have only used it for like 300 hours. Anyway, last night the bulb pops! :(

So I'm wondering what is best to do. Should I contact the shop where I got it from or should I contact Panasonic directly? (Is this even possible!?)

Are the 700s still readily available? Just I know the 900s have just landed haven't they?

Could I get a better deal if I went with one over the other?

Any help or experience of this situation would be great

Thanks

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Get in touch with panasonic directly, even though it is the retailers responsibility to handle any problems under warranty I find it quicker and easier to deal directly with panasonic, they will probably tell you to take it to your nearest authorized service center who will then ship the pj back to panasonic for repair. As far as the bulb goes I would say 99.99999% certain that they will replace it under warranty, despite all the grief I give panasonic about their customer service they are really good when it comes to replacing prematurely expired bulbs. You can contact them on 08705 357357 (no 2 on my speed dial :) )