What should I do?

stevieBoy75

Novice Member
Reaction score
Bought a refurbished Sony KD65AG8 TV 11 months ago. TV is fantastic but the issue is that I have had 2 big problems. The first was the power board went - 10 days in the repairer... and now I have developed a fault with visible banding on the screen which can be seen in nearly all content. So i could get this fixed under warranty - however with 2 issues im not happy. Sony have agreed to give me an option to return the TV (I paid £1250).

I can see that I can buy the same TV brand new from Argos for £1500... which im thinking of doing. Or I could get it fixed and hope for no more issues... or I could buy a new different TV... What do you guys think? I really like the sound that the Sony provides so this is why im thinking of buying the same TV or repair... Is there anything else out there that I should be considering? Don't mind spending more money - upto £2000 would be okay.

Any help???

Don’t buy from Argos, only one year warranty. Look at retailers offering extended warranty in the price (not Currys either as their CS can leave a lot to be desired!)

Just looking - would the A8 be a good upgrade over the AG8?
Not much difference, but should be a little better with brightness and picture processing. The 2020 panels also are a bit more durable.
If its a panel replacement they will perform on your AG8 I'd keep with what you have. Likely you'll get a 2020 panel anyway.

Not much difference, but should be a little better with brightness and picture processing. The 2020 panels also are a bit more durable.
If its a panel replacement they will perform on your AG8 I'd keep with what you have. Likely you'll get a 2020 panel anyway.
Thanks.

The repair company called me to say that the panel would need to be replaced, and that they don't have any so they would be giving me a new AG8 TV... So that's great news. I have gotten a quote for 5 years Sony warranty - price is £180... doesn't seem too bad. Is this a good price or is there somewhere else that i should look at getting the warranty?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom