1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by star g, May 30, 2005.

1. star g

star g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im going to buy an av 3805 and some speakers - thing is....is it better tio say buy the furniture first to house the units in first or just save the cash and buy the lot at the sametime? - ok a pretty silly question - but im sure some here have had the same situation to consider...

2. gazza166

gazza166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Well you can't listen to furniture, and the best way to appreciate why you've spent so much money on decent HiFi furniture/supports is to see what a difference it can make :smashin:

3. star g

star g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, ive been skint for some time now - i have no stuff worthy of showing off, but now everything i earn will be mine - so to speak , got alot of ideas - but the impatience is a killer.

If i dont injure this pain alittle longer - im not happy with skimping just to get kit earlier - id rather endure the agony and get exactly what i want .

I was considering buying the speakers and setting the room up before i buy the reciever/cabinet (isnt denon going to make an announce ment in september with regard to a better reciever?? ) - but then i wouldnt know if the speakers where buggered until say 4 moinths later when i buy the av and cabinet - if you follow my line of thought. - was looking at those valdyne subs? the 10 inch looks about the business for annoying my brother - since im privvy to his crap sony sub.(noise pollution)
    The 10 inch subs appear "sold out" - shame.. i could stretch to 300 hundred notes for a well reviewed sub right now (gotta start somewhere i guess.

:thumbsup:

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I would consider saving till you reach the point were you can buy the lot, also in this time you can see any new model deveopments which you may kick yourself for buying now.

5. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    The problem here is that no matter what you buy there will always be a better piece of kit just around the corner. Yes, Denon may announce a new line up in September but they will do exactly the same the following year!

6. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes but being so close to Setember compared to next it might be worth waiting and see what they have to say in the following months and then decide to go for the 3805 or hold off till a bit later. Plus if a replacment is coming it should mean 3805 prices go down to get rid of the existing stock.

7. star g

star g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes eddy boy - think im gonna do what you suggested - get the cash together and buy the lot in one hit, this makes sense to me anyway - to be frank with you, im just a tad impatient - as you know this can cause alot of heart ache later when i find you wish youd waited etc.

september looks a good time to me then to buy the lot. Its strange how forums can really make you see sense before jumping to early and buying say a setup that coulda sounded 50% better if id waited just that extra paycheck day ;O).

all the best. - and thankyou for all your sage advice guys/girls.

8. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a 6 month old 3805 here if interested