1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do withis digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by puc, Feb 23, 2005.

1. puc

puc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi
    any thoughts on this would be most welcome.
    my old panasonic tu-30 stopped responding to the remote so i called sky. they offered a engineer visit for 32.50 which i accepted. he rang and i explained the problem, saying that i'd prefer a panny box.

when he arrived, he didn't have any pannys but gave me a "refurb" pace, took my panny away. he set it up and left. within 5 mins it froze, witha "no signal" message. tried without success to get him back as sky wanted to book another visit. rebooted box etc with no luck

tried next day and for some reason it worked! picture quality not as good as panny and slower.

i'm not entirely happy that i've got a good replacement box, i think he should have replaced like for like. do i

a) put up with it
    b) call sky, complain and argue with the engineer
    c) sort the pace so that they have to replace it (any tips)

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    (a) only you know if you can

(b) unlikely they will do anything - will probably say that it is within tolerance for picture/ speed - at best you may get a refund for the engineer visit

(c) is fraud - up to you if you want to go down this route

(d) could always buy a new digibox yourself - plenty are available 2nd hand from fleabay or if you put a wanted advert in the classified forum here you will probably find someone willing to sell you a 2nd had box for a cheap enough price