What Should I buy ???

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by AVP, Feb 18, 2005.

1. AVP

AVP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a new rear projection TV, and not being technical I do not know what to go for, what questions to ask etc.
    Please can anyone advise me on the what specs I should be looking at for best quality and value for money.
    I want at least a 42" screen ., so come on guys , anyone there to help me out?
    ps will : pay up to £1k

:smashin:

2. dalespitfire

dalespitfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    No chance in this forum then mate.

DLP Rear Pros start at a very minumum £1500 delivered for the Toshiba 46WM48.

3. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I beg to differ, i don't think you will get one for £1k, but you can now get the LG RE44SZ21RD for £1160.00 from www.tvandvideodirect.co.uk its 44". Its a good looking set with the speakers underneath rather than on the sides of the Tv which gives it a plasma look. Picture Q is personal taste, I find my sons C G I movies like Monsters inc etc look best, even when you sit close to it. Dvd Q looks best if you sit at least 6ft away. I do get the rainbow effect somtimes on peoples faces "the Bill", there is a secret menu on these sets but I am not sure what changes to make. Over all I am happy with the set, but like anyone if I had more money to spare "£3k" I would of went for somethink different. If you do go for the LG at least in about 3/4 years there will be alot better sets out there for the same price, thats when I am hoping to upgrade.

4. albertz

albertz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    im curious about this rainbow effect everyone talks about, ive got a tosh 46wm48p and have never seen it, even looking away and back sharply looking off centre, prehiperal vision,...nothing!

you can buy the tosh for around 1500ish, best bet is to streatch the budget mate!!

5. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

Try this link

http://www.dietforum.net/balagee/projected/rainbow.html

6. AVP

AVP

Products Owned: