What should I buy or do?

doggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the situation. I have some old hifi kit I would like to use again, namely Atacama stands and bw 601s.
I was planning on using them in my bedroom for my TV sound.
Now my old marantz and teac don't have optical ins, so I don't think I can connect up my TV to them, and this means buying either a DAC or a new system of some kind.

My requirements are as follows, usb port, WiFi or ethernet, cd player, dab radio, internet radio, Chromecast.

If I bought a network receivers I think I could play CDs from my blue ray player via the TV, would this effect quality much?

If I bought a micro system the Denon dm41 doesn't have usb, the Yamaha crxn doesn't have optical in and that only really leaves the onkyo CRN 575 or am I missing something else?
Budget about 250.

Can you help?

If you can stretch a bit further then the Yamaha rn602 does all that except the dab radio I think.

(Also on Facebook market place, may have more bargaining power on that without eBay and PayPal fees).

Or if space is a bit tight keep a look out for a wxa50.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
If you can stretch a bit further then the Yamaha rn602 does all that except the dab radio I think.

(Also on Facebook market place, may have more bargaining power on that without eBay and PayPal fees).

Or if space is a bit tight keep a look out for a wxa50.

I have Yamaha downstairs so I do like them.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
What are your old Marantz and Teac amps? You can get toslink to RCA DAC's for very little money:

Then you could add something like an Amazon Fire TV stick on to the TV for all of your other streaming content. They are often half price in sales.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What are your old Marantz and Teac amps? You can get toslink to RCA DAC's for very little money:

Then you could add something like an Amazon Fire TV stick on to the TV for all of your other streaming content. They are often half price in sales.

Teac crh 240 and a marantz cr2020.
The teac sits in the space better.

I'm now. Thinking more about the onkyo receiver and Richer Sounds are doing it for 200 at the moment.

No cd player but my Blu-ray can be used for that.

Actually I have a mibox and I can cast to it but the sound is dreadful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom