What should I buy now?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by warhorse, Jul 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. warhorse

warhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've owned a Video7 V7LTV26C 26" lcd for a couple of months now but I have persuaded Ebuyer to give me a full refund as I have had nothing but trouble with it, it went to Germany for repair as it developed the infamous 'tearing' effect which took nearly 6 weeks and then 2 days after I had it back the screen started tearing again and also developed another fault where the screen would go blank after a couple of minutes of use. I must say that Ebuyer have been great but I would have to advise anybody that they do not buy a Video7 V7LTV26C 26" as in my experience it is unfortunately a piece of junk.

So, what should I buy now then? I want a 26 inch lcd that will be compatible with the upcoming Sky HD transmissions, it must also have a dvi input so I can plug in my Mac Mini. I would rather have a 16:9 but will settle for a 15:9 if the price is right. I'm looking to pay less than £700 including VAT.
    What do you lot recommend?
    Thanks,
    Warhorse

2. demonofthefall

demonofthefall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Samsung LE26R41B / LE26R51B. Seems to get rave reviews from everyone here and it can be found for £610-650 on froogle and pricewatch. I'm ordering one this evening :devil:

3. slowpoke

slowpoke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Im gonna get one of them as well...probably from web electircal or empire direct....thanks for everyones help on here

4. warhorse

warhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looks really nice but from what I can see there is no dvi input so no use for my mac mini.

Cheers,
    Warhorse

5. warhorse

warhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the end I have decided to buy a Toshiba Stasia 27WL55 from Pixmania, from what I can see the price is up and down more often than Paris Hiltons undies, it cost me £523 but has been down to about £470 in the recent past.
    It isn't compatable with the upcoming Sky HD transmissions but that's not a major problem for me really.
    I will post a review on the set after a couple of weeks of use.
    Cheers,
    Warhorse

6. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that this samsung was HD ready meaning at least a DVI or HDMI port.

Ben

7. c.jelly

c.jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Samsung has HDMI.

Finding the 26" is no problem, but finding one in stock is another matter... :censored:

8. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly.. all you'd need then is a DVI to HDMI cable.. :smashin:

I'd say the Samsung would be the better choice, instead of faffing around with a TV from France (it takes 2 weeks for pixmania to issue a refund, or 4 weeks to replace the set).

Ben