WHAT Should i buy for the bose....

gmbdelsol

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI,i am not much into sound so some questions may sound stupid,but i have some question about buying a new system.

i am interested in buying the BOSE ACOUSTIMASS 10 home cinema speaker system and my concern is about what model of amp i should buy,
im confused between these two:
Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 Channel AV Receiver and
Onkyo TX-SR706.
i was interested in the Onkyo TX-SR706 model because it has thx and the other dosent. what do you think?

and would the bose connect ok with these amps because the amp is 7.1 and the bose are 5.1.

please give me your comments about both the bose model and the amp models.thansk a lot.

I have NEVER heard a good remark about Bose, and this site and no doubt a few others will chip in as well. Do look at many of the other speaker manufacterers for far better deals and quality.
KEF
B&W
Tannoy
This may also help Style speaker packs reviews whathifi.com

well you aksed for comments about the bose..so in the politest possible way...you can get much better speakers for the same amount of money...

but if your heart is really set on them you'll be disappointed if you don't get them..

just don't say we didn't warn you...

well you aksed for comments about the bose..so in the politest possible way...you can get much better speakers for the same amount of money...

but if your heart is really set on them you'll be disappointed if you don't get them..

just don't say we didn't warn you...

you are right because my hearth is set on them,and some of my friend and family have bose and they sounded very powerfull.
what do you recommend apart from bose,please specify models.

is it the size you like? if so check out teh Kef eggs, the 2xxx family and the 3xxx family...there is another thread here with a guy who wanted bose and now is going for the kef 3005.

B&W also have a range of small speakers the MT. I'm a big fan of the B&w sound, as can be seen from my kit. (well until i can afford a set of PMC anyway), so these would be my choice, but i would give the kef's a listen just to see which you prefer. the mT's are probably a lot more than the kef's or the bose anyway

Any of these speakers would wipe the floor with the bose to my ears, but you might be different.

Here is a review of the the Bose speakers Bose Speaker System - Acoustimass 10 | Home Cinema Choice too small to read but click on the save icon and save to desktop, open and it will appear in Adobe reader.
Comments
GOOD POINTS
Excellent build quality and warm, persuasive sound
BAD POINTS
Unusual setup, heavily reliant on the sub, bland looks for the price
OVERALL
Lacks the style and performance of similarly-priced speaker packages, for lovers of the brand and sound only

Music draws more attention to weaknesses, and Madonna’s vocals on her American Life CD are harsh and edgy, while bass is artificial and overpowering. First impressions of the Bose Acoustimass 10 are good. Yet long term listening reveals a synthetic sound that doesn’t deliver the most convincing experience with movies or music, for the price.

Here is a review of the the Bose speakers Bose Speaker System - Acoustimass 10 | Home Cinema Choice too small to read but click on the save icon and save to desktop, open and it will appear in Adobe reader.
Comments
GOOD POINTS
Excellent build quality and warm, persuasive sound
BAD POINTS
Unusual setup, heavily reliant on the sub, bland looks for the price
OVERALL
Lacks the style and performance of similarly-priced speaker packages, for lovers of the brand and sound only

Music draws more attention to weaknesses, and Madonna’s vocals on her American Life CD are harsh and edgy, while bass is artificial and overpowering. First impressions of the Bose Acoustimass 10 are good. Yet long term listening reveals a synthetic sound that doesn’t deliver the most convincing experience with movies or music, for the price.

that's acutally a ibt more positive than i would have expected

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that review over half a decade old?! I'm not sure whether that particular Bose system has moved on since, but I expect some of the alternatives from the likes of Kef have. I was interested in buying some Bose speakers, but the manual that was available for download (in PDF format) referred to technologies like Pro Logic, which seemed to give the impression it was rather dated.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that review over half a decade old?! I'm not sure whether that particular Bose system has moved on since, but I expect some of the alternatives from the likes of Kef have. I was interested in buying some Bose speakers, but the manual that was available for download (in PDF format) referred to technologies like Pro Logic, which seemed to give the impression it was rather dated.

prologic is implemented on the reciever side, not the speaker side. presumably the op was referring to aspeker only set, was the document you read for a speaker only set or an amplifier plus receiver set?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom