What should I buy for replacment?

szczottie

Novice Member
Hi,

So today my beloved son smashed his toy on my Sony KD-55XE9005 and I need to get something ASAP.

IMG_9839.jpg

I am not bothered about smart functions becasue I will be using it with Apple TV 4K and Xbox Series X.
Things that I care about is HDR picture quality. I was happy with XE9005 and I don't want to downgrade, but I am on tight budget now. What should I get for about ~£600?! I am looking for 55 inch size screen.

Please help :)

Dodgexander

Only way you'll get something comparable would be second hand or a refurb deal:

Although the new XH9005 from 2020 doesn't have the same HDR picture quality as your current TV.

Buying new 600 isn't usually a good figure to spend. Too little for high tier TVs, and too high to get a TV conceivably better than much cheaper options. The best bang for buck HDR picture quality TVs are the Hisense U7Q and U8Q. The U7Q would be a downgrade with HDR versus your current TV, the U8Q can actually get a lot brighter, and will have very good HDR picture quality but at the expense of poorer motion and a know red ghosting problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom