what shall i upgrade?

oZyrex

Standard Member
Reaction score
I want a decent gaming pc but i dont know what to upgrade on my pc.
I will be playing things like: la noire, cod, gta etc

my specs arnt great lol

BrandASUS
ModelCM1735-
TypeHome Computer
Operating SystemWindows 8
Form FactorMID Tower
Processor ModelAMD A4-3420
Processor Speed2.8 GHz
GraphicsIntegrated radeon hd 6410d
Standard Memory4 GB
Hard Drive Capacity1TB
SSD CapacityNon SSD
Optical DriveDVDRW

Dangerous question to ask in this forum :laugh:

I'd take a look at the spec threads at the top of the forum to see what people are spending or recommending

Also, alot will depend on what budget you have and whether you feel comfortable building yourself

Dangerous question to ask in this forum :laugh:

I'd take a look at the spec threads at the top of the forum to see what people are spending or recommending

Also, alot will depend on what budget you have and whether you feel comfortable building yourself
Everyone has to start somewhere though and about £140 ATM but more in summer

Looking at the spec online, that model has a fairly slow CPU and Integrated GPU, so neither of those are going to be great for gaming (unless your happy with lower resolutions and detail levels)

Personally, i would save your budget up until you have some more money, as anything you spend now probably won't give you any real
longevity

If you have to buy something now, i'd go for a dedicated Graphics card (something like a Nvidia 750Ti or AMD R7 260x/R9 270x), the other limiting factor in your PC is that it only has a 350w PSU so you can't have anything which draws too much power

When you have more budget, i'd go for new PSU, motherboard and CPU

Looking at the spec online, that model has a fairly slow CPU and Integrated GPU, so neither of those are going to be great for gaming (unless your happy with lower resolutions and detail levels)

Personally, i would save your budget up until you have some more money, as anything you spend now probably won't give you any real
longevity
If you have to buy something now, i'd go for a dedicated Graphics card (something like a Nvidia 750Ti or AMD R7 260x/R9 270x), the other limiting factor in your PC is that it only has a 350w PSU so you can't have anything which draws too much power

When you have more budget, i'd go for new PSU, motherboard and CPU
Im getting a 650w off my mate soon anyway

Some good advice there. Get a new GPU now to get you started, then save up for the rest.

AVF has a great Computer Classified section too if you want to make your cash go further still.

Im getting a 650w off my mate soon anyway
That would give you alot more scope in terms of the graphics card

Also, i see that your current machine has 4GB DDR3 1600MHz, so you could make sure that your next Motherboard supports that and double it up to 8Gb fairly cheaply i would imagine

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom