What Shall I Have With 4 Kilos Of Black Pudding?

branny

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had 4 kilo's of black pudding delivered today (1.4 kilo of black pudding sausage, 2.5 kilo of bury black pudding rings). Only cost me £7 as my mate works for a meat company so bough in minimum bulk.

This is quite a lot of black pudding. Whilst I love BP I've only had it on breakfasts before.

I'm guessing that there are many other AVF members who like black pudding so any other dishes you would suggest?

Also, whats the best way of cooking - grilled, oven, fry or boil (and how long for each)?

Thanks
B

Have an evening fry up!

It goes well with any meat, it's best grilled or fried depending on your taste / preference for health.

I assume you know it will freeze, we usually portion it out and freeze it in portions when we get it in bulk :thumbsup:

Not really sure what kind of recipes to suggest though im sure someone will have a good idea!

Fry or grill. Don't ever serve with scallops :D They should freeze OK, then just get them out for the breakfast fry up.

Dave

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: what he said

Black pudding with melted goats cheese on top makes a lovely starter...

I agree - black pudding with a cheese sauce and a side salad makes a wonderful starter :thumbsup:

What Shall I Have With 4 Kilos Of Black Pudding?

A heart attack?

Stick it the oven with two chicken boobs around it and serve with a blue cheese sauce.

Serve with a tomato and chilli sauce.

Serve with chirizo.

I love black pudding in toast!

Lots of Eno / Andrews...............

.........With 4 kilos of black pudding you could have a tummy ache:D

Had 4 kilo's of black pudding delivered today (1.4 kilo of black pudding sausage, 2.5 kilo of bury black pudding rings). Only cost me £7 as my mate works for a meat company so bough in minimum bulk.

This is quite a lot of black pudding. Whilst I love BP I've only had it on breakfasts before.

I'm guessing that there are many other AVF members who like black pudding so any other dishes you would suggest?

Also, whats the best way of cooking - grilled, oven, fry or boil (and how long for each)?

Thanks
B

Loads of great suggestions there, some of which I would never of thought of which I'll try.

Had a 'grill up' earlier and it was tremendous. Gave some to my next door neighbour and have frozen some of it. One way or another, it'll all be getting nailed cos I love the stuff.

Cheers
B

Just warm some up in hot water / steam - then try it with some english mustard and vinegar..... reminds me of being a child and having black puddings directly from the stall in the market :)

Diabetics shouldn't eat black pudding due to the high saturated fat content but several diabetic cookery books use small amounts of black pudding to add flavour to more boring meals and it does seem to work.

Black pudding sausages are my young son's favourites and we have to make a 40 minute detour to a local farm shop to buy them for him

Stick it the oven with two chicken boobs around it and serve with a blue cheese sauce.

Serve with a tomato and chilli sauce.

Serve with chirizo.

That sounds curiously interesting. May well give that one a go myself. Cheers!

Well they have the annual Black Pudding throwing contest in Ramsbottom (near Bury) every year, so you could save it for that!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom