1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What setup should i run??!?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kamakazie, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Right well im looking in to setting up a decent home Cinema system. Im basically looking at hooking up a PC to an LCD but fancy a seperate DVD/Reciever/Amp/Speaker setup for ease of use rather than running the PC all the time for watching movies and TV.

I've got about £1100 to spend on the DVD/Reciver/Amp/Speakers and was wondering what sort of thing i should be looking at. I need all the relevant connections to hookup the DVD and PC sound to go through the Amp/Reciever and then the Picture from both PC and DVD will go to the TV.... i will be using a sky box aswell so thats another connection... Its not going to be in a huge room so speaker clarity rather than absolute power is more of an issue but then again im no music critic so aslong as its a capable speaker system im more worried about image quality.

So what do i need and whats good for that price range and also what connections should i run each to and from?? Perhaps i should just ask for Amp/Reciever recomendations here but i dont really have much idea how much to budget for each individual piece...??!?
    Oh if its possible id like a seperate DVD player to the Amp/Reciever.

Thanks

2. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I could push to £1300 or so and was thinking of perhaps:

Denon AVR-2105 with Mission M30i speakers and a Denon DVD2910 player which come to about £1300??

theres just sooooo much choice i have no idea where to start.
    For the above sorta system is there anywhere cheaper than Creative Audio?

3. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    grrr now i've seen the Yamaha DSP-AX750...... loads of threads on here and the concensus seems to be for the Yammy :¬/

soooo many choices.

4. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    TIP!!
    Buy the Yamaha 750 with the Mission M3i Series surround package. I've got the Yammy and M34i fronts and am in the process of upgrading my centre and rears to M3C2i and M32is respectively. (Mine already sounds amazing as it is and is already tonally balanced, I'm only upgrading for the asthetics!!) Then buy a quality DVD player such as a Pioneer DV-575A. Finally, wire the speakers up with something like QED Silver Anniversary and some Ixos interconnects. The M3i package is £699.95 from Superfi saving you £180 on the RRP. Total cost max?? £1200 plus cable costs.
    You'll have one mega system there, guaranteed!! :smashin:

5. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    cheers for the advice Sunil.

Speaker cable is already wired into the house, i looked into that before and have just plumped for a using CAT5 as i can get it real cheap.

Hmmmm the M3i looks good but its a bit more than id like to spend on speakers, id prefer spoend the extra on a DVD player unless its not really worth it.
    Also i need wall mounted speakers both front and back, thats why i was plumping for the M30i pakcage...
    i'll keep looking about for now.