1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What settings are every 1 using?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hirsty, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Hirsty

Hirsty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ya,

I recently purchased a Panasonic 28PL4, and wondering what settings people have got brightness and contrast at? and also the Sharpness, what does this do? new to all this so forgive me if this is a daft question!

Also when watching Sky digital I can see there is interference, vertical lines running down the screen! I have a DVD connected to AV2 on T.V and VCR into back of sky box! Any ideas?

Cheers for help

2. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can't help you with the scan line problem, I'm sorry Hirsty.

I just wanted to point out that, although I understand the reason for asking for other people's settings- a lot of people ask these same question - you must understand that each tube is different. Not just each brand, and each model, but each TV set varies in settings. You can have 2 sets of the same make and model, and have to manipulate the settings differently for each to come up with the same picture.

The best way to calibrate your set is with a calibration disc - such as Avia, Video Essentials or even the THX Optimode facility on THX DVD's such as Monsters Inc or Star Wars.

HTH

Moory