What set would you buy from these 3.

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the following -

1. Mission M72 Cinema set.

2. Wharfdale Diamond 8.3 Cinema set.

3. Sony SAVE835ED pascal.

Just canvassing opinion on three different systems. If you have time explain why. I have a Sony DVP735D DVD player and last years Sony STRDB870 Rec'ver.

Thanks people. Interested as I have narrowed my quest to these 3 sets and I get a lot of differing opinions on each.

Captain B.

as for the sony's, i have read that they are not so great for home cinema, they have the detail, just no umf!

i don't really know about the wharfdales so i guess, Mission is the one from me.......

Hi, I have just order the Mission speakers but seperatly as suggested on here to get a better package.

M73 FRONT - £109

M7C2 CENTER- £115

M7DS REARS - £135

All from Discoutn Electrical

Wow that was quick....

Don't come round and kill me if you don't like them...

Still think you have made the best choice..

Originally posted by AVMADMAN
as for the sony's, i have read that they are not so great for home cinema, they have the detail, just no umf!

i don't really know about the wharfdales so i guess, Mission is the one from me.......

Wih respect, I have a set of 835's and the certainly do have umf. I had and old set of speakers with a 12" cone in each & the sony is cruising where these would be struggling.

In one magazine article it says "amazing how far you can take them before they start to struggle" & i would have to agree totally.

How loud do you really need anyway ? when you 1st get them you crank them up to see what they can do but after that you only use half the potential.

Jim

Forget about the sonys. Get a demo of the wharfedale's and missions, they are very different sounding.

Why dont you put the KEF Cresta packages,

Or tannoy packages, They sound great too.

I would recommend the Wharfedales over the Missions having listened to both, but they are both pretty good packages. The wharfedale 8.3 screen pack includes floor standers and you'll need some stands for the Mission M72's.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom