What SD card for 522GW...and other things

cliveg

Established Member
Reaction score
My darling daughter and husband bought me a 522GW for Christmas!

Couple of questions if I may...

Looking at getting a 128gb card for the dashcam..can anyone recommend a good one?

Secondly, I want a rear camera for the car...what's best, the one that sticks on the rear screen, or the one that plugs into the main unit?

Thanks and regards to all,
Clive

I was about to ask the same question on SD cards for my daughters 522. Manual goes on about how their own cards are specially made etc etc. But pretty sure they will just be branded cards off someone else’s production line, I can see the need for “high endurance cards because of the continual over record, so was looking at the Sandisk High Endurance range. At the pricey end but cheaper than Nextbase and have never been let down by Sandisk. But would love to know if anyone else has any recommendations.
With regard to rear view camera, we got the optional rear view camera for the 522.

Hi dcjs01...I bought a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb from Amazon...about £20 if I remember correctly.
Works fine.

Here's a link if your interested...https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XFHQGB9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use a SanDisk Extreme 128GB in My Nextbase camera, whatever you purchase IT MUST BE CLASS 3 speed.
I use the additional camera which attaches to it for rear view but remember rear passengers in the middle will block it's view and also mean less recording time before overwriting as both cameras save to the same memory card.

I use the SanDisk 128 gb, U3, A2, pro, under £20. No need to spend £68 on. Next base one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom