What Screen

neilathome

Hi,

I am looking to setup my Benq 1070 projector in my study, due to constraints I can really only go for 1.8m 16.9
I would only use this projector at night, so light isn't a huge issue. I am looking for a motorised screen, not tab tensioned, but I would like a good image.
Can anyone suggest a good screen? Looking around online on UK websites The Sapphire range and Eyeline seem to be the most popular.

Welcome anyone`s thoughts

Thanks in advance

N

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I take it the measurement of 1.8M is the overall length of the screen rather than the diagonal size. If so then you are really talking about a 82" diagonal screen plus the projector.

Have you considered a 75" LED TV instead because it might offer you a better option and they can be got for surprisingly little money now-a-days, Amazon are offering an LG 75" at half price at the moment.

neilathome

I take it the measurement of 1.8M is the overall length of the screen rather than the diagonal size. If so then you are really talking about a 82" diagonal screen plus the projector.

Have you considered a 75" LED TV instead because it might offer you a better option and they can be got for surprisingly little money now-a-days, Amazon are offering an LG 75" at half price at the moment.
Hi, thanks for the reply
I already have a 58 inch Panasonic in the room, just want the 1.8m for movie nights. I used to have a 3m but I had to move and now I don’t have the room...gutted

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Hi, thanks for the reply
I already have a 58 inch Panasonic in the room, just want the 1.8m for movie nights. I used to have a 3m but I had to move and now I don’t have the room...gutted

I just thought for the very small gain you will get in overall screen size the TV option would give you more for the money, as you'll get Amazon and Netflix streaming built in along with the usual TV channels and in the case of the LG you'll get Apple TV too.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom