What Screen??

FATCAT40S

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All,

Well the builders have left and I now have a 7.5m x 2.5m Home Cinema Room

Now comes the fun of wiring/ mounts/ screens etc. I will be using my HD1 on a LMP mount, cables are from Mark Grant, the only thing left now is a screen.

Looking on the web its a minefield, Ive been looking and the main contenders are Beamax, Grandview & Saphire. I did want the Beamax R Black but that now appears to be out of production, Im bugeting for up to £500, any recomendations

Regards

John

Might be worth a look here?

Ex-demo screens - used Beamax projection screens at lower prices

I got my Beamax screen (a slight 2nd 92in 16:9 Manual for my HD1) for about £50 including £20 shipping from Belgium!

There are old models and slight 2nds for much less than a brand new screen so you may get something quite special for your £500 budget!

They were really easy to deal with and the screen arrived really quickly. Was very impressed!

Si

I can certainly recommend Beamax for product quality and customer service. :smashin:

(Don't tell anyone, but I think one of the screens mentioned in the link is the one I returned! :facepalm:)

BTW, shouldn't this be in the PJ Screen section? :)

Moved to projection screens :)

I've just got a 8' 16:9 Grandview screen from intoAV. Only had it over a week, but so far I'm well impresed with it. I was using an Owl screen before but this screen is so much better. :smashin:

Please say more about the grandview. I never noticed this brand before. I wonder if the multi-ply construction is unique to better screens as they suggest.

Is it a bright white, or grey as the "high-contrast" description seems to suggest?

Thanks

I purchased my Grandview 92" Manual 2 years ago and the quality is exceptional. No sparkles or v waves cost £150. Would recommend highly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom