what screen size?

phelleruk99

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all
after some opinions on best screen size to go for given my setup situation

17 feet head to screen
11 feet front projetor to screen, coffee table mount as unable to accomodate ceiling mount

do i just go for biggest i can afford?, appreciate i will have to choose carefully the projector to ensure can obtain image for given screen

any help appreciated
pete

You need to buy your projector first. Play with the zoom until you find the optimal image size. Then you're in a good position to find a screen. If you find your preference is average then you'd probably like to sit 1.5 times the width of the screen away from the screen, i.e. screen size of roughly 10 ft wide for your 17 ft future set up. But I think pj first!

IMO going too big is a mistake... go to some demo rooms and check out different sizes v. distances. Sitting too close to a big screen can make u feel queasy with fast horizontal pans. Personally I would try to stick to seating distance of 2x screen width... but each to their own! I would check out your shortlist of projectors, look at the max/min sizes at the intended mounting point and then go from there... but go to some extended demos!

Happy choosing! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom