• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What screen for a Infocus X1a 4:3 projector?

MovieBoy75

Distinguished Member
I've just purchased an X1a from another member and wonder what screen i need to get. I understand that it is a (800 X 600) res with 4:3 ratio native but will do 16:9.

I will have to have a manual pulldown with a screen size approx 60" - 80"

Any ideas as i don't want to spend a fortune but i want to make the most of the projector

Thanks
DVDCHILD

AV Nik

Hi,
As your resolution is not HD, I would look into the Draper Luma, Projecta SlimScreen, Projecta SlimCinema or Sapphire SWS200BV.
Each have Matte White (recommended) and High Contrast screens at very affordable prices plus you get a UK warranty.
Each have both 4:3 and 16:9 versions available.
Depending on the height requirements, you can pull down most 4:3 screens two thirds of the way instaed of the full length to create the 16:9 size. The only diference is that you dont get a black border at the top using this option whereas you do if using a 16:9 screen.
The key question to ask yourself is: Do I watch TV (4:3) more than Widescreen (16:9)?
Hope this helps?
Nik

MovieBoy75

Distinguished Member
i actually got a new NOBO 4:3 Matt White screen for another member for £50. Like you say it pulls down enough to do a widescreen sort of size.

I am well pleased and does a really good job for little money.

DVDCHILD

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom