What Scart ?

SteveTDCI

Established Member
I currently have a QED scart - the flat kind and due to a move around I now find the cable a little too ridged to move around, its also too long now. So I need a new fully wired one. I'm happy with the perfomance of the lead but wondered if there was anything as good but cheaper ? its for Sky +

johnelf

Standard Member
Hi

Without sounding borring and wishing to give ill advice, i would not now go spending buckets of money on scart leads.

In time, as you replace/upgrade, HDMI is the way forward, then you will be left with a bunch of expensive scart leads in the bin.

Save your money, get one from comet or alike ok not dirt cheap but ok ish, then when you upgrade, if it is a long length, then a decent HDMI, short lenght, whatever comes out the box!

If i have just saved you £100, then spend it on an HD box, you wont be dissapointed!

John

steford

Established Member
Tech+Link have always been my favourites. Very good quality and reasonably priced. Sold a few here only a couple of weeks ago. Some used quality cables may be your best bet if following the advice above.

SteveTDCI

Established Member
just ordered the tech link ones from CPC, i'll see if they are any better than the QEd ones

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom