What SCART cable is good value?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jon Weaver, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +723
    I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to quality interconnects.

However, I have finally managed to change my setup, so that I can now plug my DVD straight into the TV, rather than sharing it with my DreamCast (via a switch).

I guess that it would be a good idea to invest in a decent SCART cable...

I don't want to play the earth, but are there any good value cables which give good performance?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon

Its true that a decent interconnect will optimize the performance of your DVD picture. There's loadsa cables on the market,, depending on your budget of course.

I experimented with loadsa different cables SCARTs, SVIDEOs etc and eventually after about 9 months trial and error, settled on an IXOS 126AV Gold SCART/SCART. The competition was tough though I was alomost sold on a QED SCART cable, but it cost too much and idn't give any more noticable performance over the IXOS. I paid £32 for my cable and it has made all the world of difference to my picture. It replaced a Vivanco SCART/SCART which replaced a Cambridge Audio SCART/SCAR....... useful if your local dealer will let you take cables home to try out.

Hope this helps......

Cheers

Paul :p

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received my IXOS 126 scart cable today and plugged it in. And it is much better than my last scart, colors are better etc., maybe due to using RGB now, anyway I am happy with it.

So I would recommend you buying a decent cable.

4. adamhamilton

adamhamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made my own SCART cable up as I needed 2.5 meters and didn't want to pay > £60.

I used the Gold connectors from RS (£5.00 each via Camlab) & high quality cable from Maplin.

Took 1.5 hours to wire & double check, and the quality is very good.