• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What satellite to get?

bwgames

Standard Member
I've just moved into a rented flat, with a 6month tenancy, so 12month contracts are out.
However, I have an old sky+ box and Sky viewing card here. I'd like HD, but don't want to pay loads for it. My choices seem to be Freesat, Freesat-from-sky, Pay Once Watch Forever (POWF).

Could I use the Sky+ box for any of this?

I do need a dish installed, which is why I'm leaning towards Pay Once Watch Forever. But, its HD thats bothering me. As far as I can tell, all of them would give me HD, provided I got a HD box?

For freesat-from-sky and POWF, it needs to be a Sky HD box, which seems to be about £300 :( For BBC Freesat, it appears to be far more reasonable at £100?

Any opinions on quality of channels? What about selling the Sky+ box privately, are they worth anything?

Last edited:

logiciel

....all of them would give me HD, provided I got a HD box?
Yes, BBC HD, for a few hours a night, maybe ITV HD for 2 or three programmes a week, and Luxe.
For more than that it's a Sky sub, minimum £27, on a 12 month contract.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom