1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Satellite Speakers - any advice please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by neil950, Jun 14, 2005.

1. neil950

neil950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have just purchased a Denon AVR2805 amp that states it kicks out approx 100 Watts RMS per channel but am not sure what satellite for the two rear surround speakers to opt for. I want to stick with Mordaunt Short as I already have MS floor standers & centre speaker. I am stuck between the MS 302's or MS902 Avant? I think 302's are rated 15-80watts, whereas the 902's are rated to 115watts. As they will be only used as rear surround speakers will I be safe enough with the 302's or will I need to go for the slightly more powerful 902's. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. artk

artk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you will max out the system which is unlikely you will be safe with the lesser of the 2 speakers. I have Paradigm Studio 40's front and a 250 watt per channel power amp and haven't had a problem.

3. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You will have no issues with either speaker selected above.

4. FeisalK

FeisalK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    As others have mentioned - the power ratings wont hurt either speakers, I think your main listening habits should determine which ones you eventually get. I found that bookshelves are better than smaller satellites as I listen to a lot of aggressive multichannel music mixes (SACD/DVD-A)