what s-vhs tapes do you find best with pan 830

mick23

Standard Member
just purchased panny 830 s-vhs, only using normal vhs tapes, and et mode, what brand of s-vhs tapes give best quality recordings please and where to purchase online (without postage charges) and what (mode do you find works best) thank you all, ps find long play vhs mode or s-vhs et to be poor quality playback,

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Wish someone would reply to this as I'd like to know too !!

MarkE19

Originally posted by JohnG
Wish someone would reply to this as I'd like to know too !!
So do I as I am looking to buy the Panny in the near future!

D

daren jackson

I have found the Maxell XR-S Black 240 the best value/performance SVHS tapes with my Panny 830

mick23

Standard Member
i ordered some maxell blacks s-vhs tapes from pricebusters maxell xr-s professional master grade 180 4 off £17.25 with postage, (s-vhs tapes) tried bog standard vhs tape with panny 830 (sp-vhs mode) and taped live football, then tried s-vhs tape (sp-svhs mode) slightly better picture quality with s-vhs tape, then taped clueless on itv (vhs tape ,then s-vhs mode +s-vhs tape) s-vhs tape and s-vhs mode give the best quality playback, but to me it is not that big a differance, picture quality playback seems far more dependant on a good (source) rather than vhs or s-vhs, saying that pan 830 seems quite a good vcr, for the price of decent vcr say year ago, ps i was taping from tv arial source not sky etc,

A

AAA

daren jackson

I have found the Maxell XR-S Black 240 the best value/performance SVHS tapes with my Panny 830 ......

Pls, help us. Which tapes did you compare ?

Regards,

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom