What`s so special about Arcam FMJ-23T?

J.Haugen

Standard Member
Reaction score
What is it about Arcam FMJ-23T? I have tried to buy a used ex. of Arcam FMJ-23T CD-player (in black) for a year now, and nobody are responding. Why are nobody willing to sell? Is i so good? I have received a lot of offers on 192, FMJ-33 and FMJ-36, but I don`t like these players. So what is it about Arcam FMJ-23T?

Quite clearly they don't want to sell for the same reasons you you only want to buy that model and not the CD33/36/192. Pretty obvious really.

Hej Crusty

I also have a CD23T that I would not upgrade for free!

I heard rumors that the reason for producing another the CD33 was not because it was better than the CD23, but simply because supplies of the Ring DAC chipset used in the CD23 dried up.

As far as I can tell the CD33 was inferior. The CD36 is 'different'. In others words, some prefer it, and others have to put up with it because you can't get a CD23 new :D

I heard rumors that the reason for producing another the CD33 was not because it was better than the CD23, but simply because supplies of the Ring DAC chipset used in the CD23 dried up

Yes, that`s not only a rumor, it is absolutely right.

If that's true, it's bad news for CD23 and CD92 owners. Like me. I sure hope Arcam kept some Ring dAcs as spares :)

Well, it`s pretty rare that dac`s are destroyed/harmed, so I don`t think that will be a big problem. Hopefully they have some spares, but of course, I don`t know. Maybe there are somebody from Arcam in the Forum, who can respond to that question?

If that's true, it's bad news for CD23 and CD92 owners. Like me. I sure hope Arcam kept some Ring dAcs as spares :)

I believe the lazer assembly is something that is in short supply if that goes down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom