What rights do Sony FQ-75 Owners have?

R

RichieS

To my anger but considerable relief I stumbled across this bulletin board just one month before my Guarantee runs out. I have been fobbed off by technicians telling me that the vertical scrolling bands on my tv were just interference. From those that have researched this topic I say thankyou and ask what rights I have as a customer.

I bought this tv on a year 0% APR and am still paying it off.

Thanks

Rich

Hi RichieS

Sorry to hear that your guarantee has expired but this is not the end of the world- you still have recourse I think.

I believe you still have consumer's rights even though the guarantee has expired. I don't know if you watch BBC's Watchdog (I think) a few months ago about owners of domestic appliances having problems with the appliances after the expiry of guar. It seems the retailers/dealers are obliged to sort these out as the law says the products must be statisfactory quality when bought and last a reasonable time etc.... Why don't you log on Watchdog's website to see anything on this ? In your case your problem existed within the guar period but they did not sort it out - they couldn't as it was a design flaw in the set - and blamed it on interferences. Other FQ owners can't have the same interference over every part of the UK to get the scrolling bar!! Why only the FQ & FS sets ????? This is how Sony is covering their backsides when they do not know to cure it.!! Can't blame the technicians called out because Sony has not been telling them how to cure it. It has come to stage now, even some technicians have come clean with the issue - a design flaw which SOny does know to correct it !!!

I suggest you write to Sony Uk to see what they are going to do about your set. I have given the MD's name and address on other thread in this forum if you wish to do so. Don't bother about their helpline -it sucks and you will be fobbed off again.

Good luck

Guys,

What is the difference between your guarentee and your warranty?

My Guarentee runs out at the end of February

But I have a 5 year warranty?

I just don't want to lose any rights....I've been waiting to get my TV replaced for 2 months!

Thanks

Rich

hi

Guarantee and warranty are used basically the same. Often extended warranties are sold by independent co, like insurance companies thru dealers and have a lot of small prints, exclusions etc - just to avoid paying out when claimed on it !! Where did you get your 5 year warranty ?? Manufacturer or independent company ?

IMHO, you are fairly safe as the cases indicated in the watchdog links.

Have you emailed to register watchdog about your scrolling bar problem ? we need everyone with this problem to email watchdog so that they can look into this long running issue. If it is investigate, you will have a better chance to any claims because it will prove this was design fault from day one. Details are below :

Are you happy with Sony ?????

Bluestu on another thread has kicked off complaints to BCC's Watchdog after he had three faulty Sony sets.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've completed the online form at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/

It only takes a couple of minutes and the more of us that do it the quicker we'll get this sorted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unquote

Come on guys, let go for it these few days....i.e. email BCC's Watchdog.

We have given SONY long enough and they have tested our patient to our limit with their denials and also wasting our time (waiting for engineers who can do nothing, dealing with retailers, waiting for delivery, phoning their Customer Service which annoys anyone who bothers to ring up etc)

Please send an email asap to express your feelings. Together we should move things forward and get Sony to wake up. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom