1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What RGB to VESA converter/upscaler should I buy??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dynamic turtle, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey folks,

I recently invested in a budget DLP projector - the Infocus X1a. I bought it for our monthly Gaming Night of Doom. One quarter of a 32" CRT gives me eye-strain after a few hours, so I thought something larger was in order.....

...anyway, I need your help with regards to the progressive connection of my xbox/ps2/dvdp. According to the manual, it can accept 1080i and 480p through its 15-pin "VESA/HD15" input.

I'm currently running everything through an RGB switchbox and would like to know if there is some sort of adapter available that can modify its RGB output to 1080i/480p, so I can pipe it through the HD15 adapter, rather than have to use S-video connections, (which are pretty rough IMO).

Please note that there is no component video input on the X1a

Cheers,
    DT

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  3. benny.c

benny.c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Attached Files:

4. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I tried one of these RGB Scart "sync seperators" from Maplin, and it didn't work: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=35807&doy=

It says it can display any rgb source on compatible projectors (15.6khz only). I assume the X1a does not support 15.6khz horizontal refresh then??

Benny, I'll try the cable you have recommended. It does mean I'll have to invest in component cables for my PS2/xbox/dvdp though, which won't be cheap!

DT