1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What RGB to VESA converter/upscaler should I buy??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dynamic turtle, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey folks,

I recently invested in a budget DLP projector - the Infocus X1a. I bought it for our monthly Gaming Night of Doom. One quarter of a 32" CRT gives me eye-strain after a few hours, so I thought something larger was in order.....

...anyway, I need your help with regards to the progressive connection of my xbox/ps2/dvdp. According to the manual, it can accept 1080i and 480p through its 15-pin "VESA" input (looks the same as a VGA monitor input to me).

I'm currently running everything through an RGB switchbox and would like to know if there is some sort of adapter available that can upscale its RGB output to 1080i/480p?

Please note that there is no component video input on the X1a, so the upscaler's output MUST be 15-pin VESA.

Cheers,
    DT

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Doh! Sorry mods, I've just realised there is a dedicated upscaler/converter forum! Please delete this - I'll re-post it there instead.

SOrry,
    DT