What resolution settings for 50" tv & also for a 19" widescreen pc screen?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by RussboyG, Dec 7, 2011.

1. RussboyG

RussboyG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Normally I use my xbox 360 on my Sagem HD-D50 screen in my lounge where the Xbox is set on the standard settings of 640x480 with screen format of normal & reference level set at standard, first off is this correct or should I adjust?

Now that i've the VGA cable through the post this morning i'm going to use it on a spare 19" widescreen pc screen I have, a CIBOX C1905 to be precise.

Should I be changing the settings at all or just center the pic using the menu on the screen & leave it at that?

I ask as the picture isnt all the crystal clear at the mo, although its pretty bright in our lounge at the moment as the sun is streaming in for once!

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,156
    Googling the HD-D50 it says it's capable of 720p so really your running at sub-HD video levels with 640x480, try 1280x720 but that probably only works over VGA or DVI inputs.

The CIBOX C1905 has a resolution of 1440x900 so to get the sharpest picture the Xbox 360 in VGA settings should be set to that or closest to it.

The references levels are explained here basically if using a TV you want standard, if using a computer display or display input like VGA you should try expanded.

3. RussboyG

RussboyG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cool thanks, i'll give it a go :smashin:

4. matoco1

matoco1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, when you connect the xbox up with vga leads you get some different options in the display settings you should set this to your monitors native display settings. I used this setup for a long time until upgrading to new monitor with HDMI. It should also remember your settings for I presume scart connection.