Question What resolution does Netflix and Amazon Prime let you stream and download at on your tablet?

smackos

Guys, I'm trying to work out if there's a half decent tablet that's let me watch Amazon and Netflix downloads in full HD. (Preferably on the cheaper end of the scale)

When using Netflix you can run the "test patterns" video in app, and on tablet it'll give the maximum resolution etc that's viewable via your device. For example my son has an old 2015 Amazon Kindle Fire 7 inch, and Netflix only streams at 768 x 432 resolution for both streams and downloads, whilst even the Samsung Galaxy a 2016 10.1inch tablet only gives 960 x 540 resolution.

And on Amazon under streaming and downloads it states 1 hour uses about xx GB of data". In the case of my Samsung galaxy A 10.1 (2016) downloads in "best" use up around 0.46GB of data per hour, WHILST my partners iPad air 2 is around 0.9GB for downloads and 5.8GB per hour for streams for instance.

I'm just trying to see if there's a decent lower end device, like a recent Amazon Kindle Fire that ticks decent download filesizes for both services. I just want a cheaper end device that gives me full HD, but I can take into work and not worry too much about getting nicked or banged around.

Last edited:

nitram_tpr

The Fire HD 10 is a full HD tablet. I've got one, not got Netflx so can't use the test patterns. I watched Picard on it on a train journey and it looked pretty damn good (considering the price of the tablet - £149). Keep an eye out on QVC, they normally do pretty good deals on Kindle products.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom