What replacement sub around £500

nevC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can be of help. I need to replace a Velodyne CHT12RC that died just a few months out of warranty, at least one other forum member had the same experience so would not chance another Velodyne sub.

I used the sub for both music and movies, some members claim the B&W ASW610 is not so good for cinema. Is it comparable to the CHT12 in performance, it was good while it lasted?

What are the best models or brands for build quality? I noticed another member looking to upgrade his high end REL sub which still works after 12 years but I'm hoping to get something between £500-600.
Any help appreciated.

BK Monolith+ would be exactly your budget and is hard to beat for £550-ish :)

Thanks for that, have seen that name about. A lot of very favourable comments/reviews although only a 2 year warranty. Several reviewers say the build quality is very good. The XXSL400 gets great reviews too.
Will contact them.
Thanks again.

I have the same budget and the SVS SB12-NSD is on my short list.

Looks like a very good sub. It is very discreet and will have to consider it as it seems to be superb for it's size.
Don't mind replacing the CHT12 with a similar sized model though especially if it is better with movies, my room is 12.5ft x 18ft.
Thanks for the info.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom