1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Remote - Harmony ??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Jun 14, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I currently have the iMon stick remote but whilst this is doing me well, it is not getting any WAF points.

I have a Denon AV receiver, Sony TV, Telewest cable box, PC as my setup and was looking at the harmony remotes but these look a little too good to be true.

Anyone used them in a HTPC environment and what are they like ?

The one thing I would be interested in is whether you can program macros on them. E.g. to watch on demand films you need to send
    interactive | down | left | enter | pin | enter

If I could set this up for one button press that would really save me some grief :)

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Got a Harmony remote here with my HTPC and I really couldn't recommend it more. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better solid button remote although it works slightly differently to traditional universals by using "watch TV" style presets, as your probably aware.

I'm not sure about other models but my 655 does not support macros at all which is disspointing.

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Damn. Was having visions that I would be able to get an X-card and being able to watch TV through that and then when I pressed escape being able to switch the TV channel over to show the GUI

With the MCE type thing, is it possible to assign say the space key to button x and the escape key to button y ??

4. darktherapy

darktherapy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Harmony range of remotes are fantastic!! Had a problem with my Sky+ 160 box, but support fixed it within a couple of hours (on a Sunday) by making an update to their site. I plugged my remote into my computer and updated it, and now everything works.

5. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    There is a new Harmony remote just out - works fab with MCE - see here