1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What reciever?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Plucas8916, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Plucas8916

Plucas8916

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok.. I have Polk Monitor 50's and 40s for the rear and am buying a CS1 for a center channel, and the JBL S120PII sub..

Right now I have a Harman/kardon AVR130 - I like it but compared it to the Onkyos in C-city and they sound much better..

I work at bestbuy so I get a discount on the Yamaha HTR models.

So basiclly I waslooking at the Onkyo TX-SR602, Yamaha RX-V650, and the Yamaha HTR-5760

If there are any other recievers out there that I can purchase in the 400-700 dollar range let me know but I'd like to stick with the best of these 3.

2. Plucas8916

Plucas8916

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather go with the HTR yamaha if there is nothing anyone can say is wrong with it?

3. tpc3416

tpc3416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your budget is in the 400-700 range, you can get a much better receiver than what you've listed. Check out this site, and look at the Yamaha's, Onkyo's, Denon's, and Harman Kardon line. Excellent place to buy electronics. I've been buying there since the mid 80's. The Onkyo 801 series is listed for $699 with free shipping, no tax, and is THX certified.

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Audio/Receivers/

Here's another place to get great deals on receivers. I bought my Denon 3805 here for $740 out the door. It's not listed now, but it will be. Seems like every few days they put Denon's up.

www.ubid.com

I like the way the Yamaha's and Denon's sound. The Onkyo's and HK's tend to be softer. Good luck!

4. Plucas8916

Plucas8916

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would you go with the Yamaha HTR-5760 or the Onkyo TX-SR602B?

5. Diamond

Diamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check that Pioneer 1014 -thread, it seems like the the best bang for the buck! And the way it looks..

[​IMG]

6. tpc3416

tpc3416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go with the Yamaha. Better match with Polk. I think the 5760 and the 650 are the same. One is sold by mass merchants, and one by audio stores. Those are both towards the lower end of your budget. Keep in mink Polk speakers are extremely inefficient and require large power to get them sounding their best. You want the most power for the dollar. The 5760 should be fine. What's your price on the 5760?