1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what receiver should i choose??????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by d.boyd1uk, Jul 28, 2002.

1. d.boyd1uk

d.boyd1uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pioneer 444 DVD player, i want to add 5 speakers, maybe a sub later on, gotta watch the pennies. i have quite a few DVD'S with DTS tracks.

what do you think of the following receivers.

pioneer VSX-D510 at £99.99....saving £200
    pioneer VSX-C300 at £168.......saving £50
    panasonic
    awia
    sony

i really fancy the pioneer VSX-D510, because of the price, would all these do the job of 5.1 DTS DOLBY DIGITAL??
    this is the VSX-C300
    Pioneer VSX-D510
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I haven't got a clue about this sort of thing, could someone help please, also what is the differnce between a receiver, amplifier and a processor.

cheers

david

2. Joachim

Joachim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't really like to recommend any of your short listed products as I haven't heared any of them! However, it is fair to say that from the specs supplied by Richer Sounds it would appear they are all able to decode DD 5.1 and DTS. As for the difference between Amps, Receivers and Processors - an Integrated Amp will decode and amplify a signal, a Receiver will do the same but has a build in radio tuner and a processor only decodes but requires a seperate Power Amp!!

I hope this is of some help, Cheers Jo.