Question What rears, sub and Atmos speakers

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by infinitydreams, Nov 13, 2017.

1. infinitydreams

infinitydreams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I’m slowly putting together a cinema setup. As I already had Q Acoustics Concept 20 left/right I’ve ordered a Concept Centre speaker so they all match.

I’ve got a Sony X800 on the way and am currently trying to decide on what £500(max £600) AV Receiver to buy...any suggestions?

But what I’m interested in is what rears and Atmos should I consider. As we don’t intend to stay in this house for ever I want to avoid holes in the ceiling, so am now looking at Atmos that go on top of Concept 20s but don’t want anything ugly (missus won’t have it).

It’s the same story for the rears, they’ll need to be small and will be approx 1.5m behind the main seating area.

Once again when it comes to a sub, ideally something slim, be amazing if I could find one that is less than 18cm deep that I could fit behind the built in unit. Also means she doesn’t even have to know it exists! ;-)

2. infinitydreams

infinitydreams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Things have moved on a bit...I stretched the budget on the receiver and have a Marantz SR7011 on the way. I’ve also decided to flip the room around for a few of reasons.

1) it means my missus can get the corner sofa she wants
    2) it brings me closer to screen 2.8m
    3) it makes speaker cabling easier for rears and ceiling (if I go that far)

One issue though is the wall directly behind where we’ll be sitting (sofa will be against it) is an external wall, so the gap between the plasterboard and breeze block is only 16mm.

It was my intention to fit flush wall speakers for the surround channels. Has anyone done this? Has anyone done it with a similar small gap as I’ve got?