1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What rear pro tv?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by masterraj, Aug 28, 2005.

1. masterraj

masterraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, im going to buy a new r p tv soon. I have about £1400 pounds to spend and would like one as large as possible. What would people recommend, what makes feature etc? Also where should I be looking for one?
    Should I look at plasmas as well ( I heard these wont last as long ). Cheers Raj...

2. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    On the other hand I demoed both the Sagem and the Samsung and chose the Samsung.

The "frosting" effect of the non-reflective coating on the screen of the Sagem was an effect I thought to be negligible and liveable with until I saw the Samsung without said effect and the improvement was immediate and apparent. All of a sudden on the Sagem it tended to leap out at one.

Also several reviews have stated that the Sagem has some picture issues with non-high definition material played through the high definition input, again a problem not found with the Samsung.

Given the above picture issues and the fact that the Samsung costs around £300 less than the Sagem, the choice was easy. :)

Also the stand for the Sagem costs approximately £300 whereas the Samsung comes already supplied with a stand included in the price.